What is Home Staging?
Home staging is the process of preparing a home or residence for sale through selective arrangement of furnishings, art, and other decor items. The objectives of home staging are to
- Present a positive first impression of the residence both online and in person
- Create a design that appeals to the broadest base of prospective buyers in your target market
- Accelerate the time between launching the property on the market and receiving a sign agreement
A well done home staging creates an atmosphere of warmth, demonstrates how furnishings could be arranged, and optimizes use of space in the residence. Buyers often form an opinion within the first 15 seconds of entering a home.
What Are the Benefits of Home Staging?
According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR) 2017 Profile of Home Staging, home staging provides the following benefits
- 39% of Sellers’ agents stated that staging a home greatly decreases the amount of time the home is on the market.
- 77% of Buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a Buyer to visualize the property as a future home.
- 58% of Seller's agents reported an increase of the dollar value offered by buyers, in comparison to similar homes. 29% of Seller's agents reported an increase in offer price greater than 5%.
What Are the Most Valuable / Impactful Rooms to Stage?
According to the 2017 NAR Home Staging Report, staging the living room for Buyers was found to be most important (55%), followed by staging the master bedroom (51%), and staging the kitchen (41%). In Sizzle Productions' 15+ years of experience with home staging in the Chicago market, we've found it most important and impactful to address all core living spaces (e.g., living room and family room), the dining room, master bedroom, and kitchen.